Friday, August 21, 2015

The Kingdom of God is Growing here in Quezon City : )

Hello Family,
It has been a wonderful week here in Quezon City!  Wonderful and busy busy busy!  It is so true that when you are busy, time just flies!  

So, Edna was baptized this past Saturday and it was wonderful :)  This was Sister Duque's first investigator in the field to be baptized and was such a wonderful experience for her.  Sometimes Sister Duque struggles with homesickness, which is completely normal, but I kept telling her to just wait till she saw Edna enter the waters of baptism and then she would realize how it was all worth it.  And that is what happened.  I experienced the same thing as well in my first area.  A lot of times I wanted to give up, I missed you all, I missed the convenciences of life back at home, everything; however, when I saw my investigators get baptized, all of the tears, homesickness and pain went away.  It all is so worth it :)

This week we also had the opportunity to go and do service at the Childrens Hospital here in the city.  We sang, read children stories to them, gave them candy, and left a little doll behind for them.  The ones that we gave service to were those that were going through Chemo at the time.  It was so sad, and my heart ached for them, but we were able to lift them and their families spirits a little bit :)  
My companion and I also experienced a wonderful miracle this week and an answer to prayer.  We have had to drop a lot of investigators because they are not progressing, and are now looking for new investigators, specifically families.  So my companion and I have been praying and praying to find families that we can teach.  So the other morning, we were punted by our investigator and decided that we would take the time to go and find some families to teach.  We prayed about where we should go and in just about 1 hours time, we found three amazing families who are very potential.  They are interested in our message and very willing to listen to the message we have to share with them.  We have plans to go back to them this week and hopefully they will begin to progress.  Our prayers were answered :)

Also, our investigator who is deaf, can't read, can't speak, and does not know sign language will be having her interview this week.  She is so amazing, I have no words to describe.  My companion and I put in a lot of effort to plan for her lessons.  We draw visual aids for her and practice teaching so that when it comes time to teach, the lesson is simple, clear, and she understands it.  Up to this point, she is really understanding the principles. We taught Law of Chastity this week and you would think it would be impossible to teach it, but we did and she understands.  However, the most important thing that we realized was that the Holy Ghost is the real teacher in our lessons.  I know she feels the spirit so strongly in the lessons and that the Holy Ghost is testifying the truth of our message to her.  Having the Holy Ghost in the lessons is the most important and I have realized that even more through teaching Marachel :) I love her!

So family, that is just a little bit of my work this week, missionary life is wonderful and I love it!  I sure love you all and thank you for all of your support you have given me!  Love you

-Sister Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment