Thursday, September 10, 2015

I'M TRAINING


Hello Family! Well to let you all know, transfers are here again! Time is just flying, I can't believe it. I got a call from the AP's yesterday letting me know that I would be training! I really am so excited to train and be able to  lead by example for a new missionary. It's funny because my trainer(nana) in the mission leaves this wednesday to go home, and then I was called to be a trainer! I'm grateful that Heavenly Father is trusting me with this calling and I'm excited for what this transfer has to bring :)

As for Sister Duque, she is very sad to leave, but we got a call this morning that she is transferring to TayTay, the exact ward and area where I came from!  I'm excited for her to continue to teach the people that I taught there and to help build up the ward and area over in TayTay!

As for our apartment, it is a big problem....hahaha We found a wonderful apartment this past week, contacted the owner and made an appt with her to lay a downpayment, and then the day of our meeting she texted us and told us that she gave it away...We were very upset and frustrated because it was a wonderful apartment and we were sure that we were going to get it.  Oh well, we will continue to keep on trying.  

The work here is going really well!  We have a few really progressing investigators.  They are gaining really strong testimonies, keeping the commitments, and truly applying the Atonment in their lives.  We have one investigator who has had a really really rough past.  She is in her teens, and from the moment we began teaching her, she has began to change her life, to repent of past mistakes, and change her actions.  The power of the atonement is so real and I have a testimony that if we apply the teachings of the gospel, repent and change, our lives will change for the better and Heavenly Father will help us in becoming who He wants us to be. 

I also received wonderful news today from my recent convert Nicole Calapati from TayTay.  Her younger brother was just baptized a few weeks ago, she has been studying in institute, and her mother has begun to come back to church.  It's wonderful to hear news of how someone who is new in the gospel, is inviting others to come unto Christ and partake of the happiness and joy that comes from it.  When I read her email just a few minutes ago, it brought tears to my eyes to see the progress that she has made and the things that she is doing to come closer unto Christ.  I am seeing miracles every single day :)

Also, a little fun side note.  Now that we are in the "-BER" (septemBER) months, Christmas music is being played, and Christmas decorations have begun to be put up!  It is a party here in the Philippines! Hahaha

Also, One year ago, this week, I received my mission call to serve here.  I will always remember that day and how excited I was to serve here, and I'm grateful that I still have that same excitement and joy with me here :)  It feels like only a few months ago that I opened my mission call, but it really has been a year on the 12th! So crazy :)

Well Family, I love you so much! I'm excited to let you know about my new companion and how being a trainer is :)  Love love love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment