Friday, November 13, 2015

Be Strong and of a Good Courage


Hello Family! Wonderful to hear from all of you again, I got so many birthday emails this week that I don't have time to respond to everyone! I hope that next week I will have time to email everyone!
I had a wonderful birthday here in the mission, I got to see so many of my friends here in the mission, and I got to see President and Sister Revillo which was the best.  They are my temporary parents here in the mission :)  I got a picture with Sister Revillo as well, I sure do love her and President.  President's birthday was also yesterday!  And I also have some recent converts whose birthday's are this month, November is a month to celebrate for sure!  

Sister Tropia and I went out to dinner at Chili's for my birthday and they even sang to me and gave me a free icecream :)  It was a good birthday and one that I will not forget, because I got to spend it here in the mission!

As for the work, it is really hard.  This week we had to drop a lot of our investigators because they are not progressing, hiding from us, and just don't want to be taught.  The difficulties that I'm experiencing now are a different type of challenge than what I experienced in my first few months in the mission, but I would say they are even harder.  In the beginning, it was hard because I missed you all and I was thinking too inwards.  But now it is hard because I am saddened about the people here no accepting the gospel.  I hurt because this area seems as though it is not progressing.  I hurt as I see those who put other things before Jesus Christ, as He is only a back up to them.  I want people to accept Him.  I want people to just love and read the Book of Mormon.  I want people to experience the eternal blessings that will come through accepting this perfect and complete gospel of Jesus Christ.  I can say this because I love the people here.  I desire with all my heart their salvation and eternal happiness.  I'm trying to figure out what else I can do,  I know that there are so many things I need to do and improve on, one of them being faith.  Faith that He is in control of all things.  Faith that if I do my part as His servant, He will make up for my weaknesses and bless this work and area.  I know He can do it and I know that I am able to do it, only if I give Him my all and let Him lead me through this work.  I know He is by my side in this work, lifting me up when I am feeling down and feel like I can't do it anymore.  I love Him.  he is my best friend, and I know that He loves me too.  I know I just need to push forward with faith, BE STONG, and continue to rely on Him. 

We were able to find though one potential investigator who is a part member.  She is really really sweet, and wants her husband to come back to church and for her to be baptized, so we pray that she will continue to progress and feel the same way that she felt in our first lesson with her :)  I continue to have hope and faith!

Well, I love you all so much, I'm so grateful for all your love, prayers, and support! I look forward to hearing from all of you next week :) Love you!

Love, Sister Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment