Thursday, December 3, 2015

to keep it simple...I'M SAFE and HAPPY :)



Hello family!! Another week has passed and oh my goodness do I have some news for you!  First I will talk about some of the crazy things that have happened, and then I will close with some quotes that I loved from the Apostles who came :)

So, I did not tell you all last week, because I knew you all would freak out, but last sunday we had someone try and break into our house.  We called the elders, and they came and tied the windows shut in the room that the person tried to break into.  So, then we thought everything was fine, but we came home on wednesday again after work, and all of the windows in mine and Sister Tropia's room had been opened, and some of the things had fallen to the floor.  It was obvious that someone had tried to break in again.  Sister Tropia and I just looked at each other and then started crying.  I immediately called the elders and then the other sisters to come home.  4 wonderful elders came to our rescue and stayed with us until we got direction from the AP's and President.  They had us pack our bags and we were transferred to the STL's apartment for a day, until they got everything and all the windows fixed back at the apartment.  They ended up fixing it the next day, so we were taken home the next day, but of course we still did not feel safe there and we knew that they would come back again.  We got a call on friday morning that we would be being  transferred to a new house the next day.  Our District Leader and his companion would come to our house and we would go into their house. We are now safe in our new apartment, it is really nice and we are so so safe there, so need to worry now :)


Now for the best part, the Apostles conference, it was absolutely wonderful!  As they entered into the room, the spirit was so strong and I immediately received another witness that the two Apostles, Elder Neil L. Anderson  and Elder Renlund, were men called of God.  They were there with their wives and it was just wonderful.  We got to shake their hands, and then hear from each and everyone of them.  Sister Renlund and Elder Anderson actually talked about marriage for a bit, we all got a bit trunky haha But I loved the things that Elder Anderson had to say about missionary work.  He said something along the lines that we are teaching about unseen things.  We are teaching things that require our faith.  Our faith that Jesus Christ lives.  He committed us to get to know the Savior better by reading the New Testament and memorizing some scriptures from there.  As I have begun to do that, I feel my testimony of Him and my relationship with Him begin to grow. There is another thing that Elder Anderson said, he said "I want my daughters to be just as educated as my sons."  As I thought about this, I thought not only in school education or our personal courses, but also our spiritual education.  Elder Renlund spoke about how if we have 100% effort with 100% action, we will see miracles surround us everyday :)  I wish you all could have been there to hear it, it was just wonderful.  I also left my journal at home on accident, so I don't have all that I wanted to tell you today, next week I will add more :)  However, It was a wonderful, once in a lifetime experience. Having two of the Christ's apostles in our presence, look at each and everyone of of us in the eyes and express the love of Heavenly Father for each and every one of us.  I know that they are servants of the Lord and they have been called by Him.
It was also a wonderful experience because every missionary was there, which has not happened while President Revillo has been here.  They flew in all the missionaries from Mindoro.  Sister Weston, my batch, stayed at our house, it was so wonderful to see her again! Here are some pictures from my week, hope you enjoy them! I love you all so much!!  

Transfer week is next week as well, I will be emailing next tuesday, rather than monday here!  We will see what happens! Love you all so much!

 Love, Sister
Latham






No comments:

Post a Comment