Sunday, February 8, 2015

Missionary Training Center

Kamusta pamilya ko!  

How are you?!!  I hope you guys have not been worrying about me too much because I am having the time of my life here.  I love being a missionary! Masaya po ako! (I am so happy!)  The first day in the MTC was miserable.  I felt so sick, I thought my head was going to explode, my body was exhausted, and I felt like I couldn't do it and I questioned why I was here.  I missed you guys and was worried about how you guys were doing and was overwhelmed with so much.  But it got better throughout the day.  When I first walked into the doors I got my name tag put on my shirt which was amazing, it finally felt real.  I am a representative of Jesus Christ.  My responsibility is to bring others unto Christ and that is what I am going to do.   We then took my bags up to my room which is on the 4th floor...heavy suitcases plus 2 small girls trying to haul them up 4 flights of stair=one funny sight.  Thank goodness some girls offered to help, everybody is so nice and positive here.  I love it!  We did not get anytime to unpack and we went straight to class.  To answer your question mom, they did not give us a day to adjust or anything, we walked into class and there was no English, only Tagalog.  Talk about a deer in headlights!  I was so overwhelmed. Kamasa po(my companion) and I just whispered in English to each other "What they heck is going on?"  haha  I have the sweetest and cutest companion ever!  Her name is Sister Pectol, she is from Cedar City Utah and we get along so well.  I love her! 

I also had an interview with the branch presidency and they have assigned me as the Sister district/teaching leader! I am so excited for this assignment and feel blessed and humbled to be given this opportunity. 

Over the past 3 days I have gotten better at speaking Tagalog.  I now know how to greet people and ask simple questions, bear my testimony, and pray in Tagalog!   So cool, and I can feel the spirit so strongly when I speak in Tagalog.  The first night my companion and I prayed in Tagalog with the sheet on how to make sentences in front of us and even though we were reading it and were unsure if we were saying things right, we knew that Heavenly Father was hearing our prayer and that he would bless us for our effort and would hear the words we were saying.  

As I said before the first day was not so good.  However, that night as we were at a big meeting with all the new missionaries and we all stood up and sang To Bring the World His Truth and they switched up the lyrics in the song to "and we are now the Lord's missionaries to bring the world His truth."  That is when I had the confirmation that this is where I needed to be.  Not only where I needed to be, but where I wanted to be.  I love my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ and I want to share my love and His love with the people I am around. My favorite quote I heard this week was "Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care."  I care so much about this gospel and about the people I will meet.  On our first night we meet with real investigators and were able to talk to them, in English, and ask them questions.  We got to know them and after only a few minutes I cared about them so much and wanted them to have what we have and bring them unto Jesus Christ.  My companion and I have a goal to talk to them whenever we see them around the MTC campus and try to set up an appointment with them :)




Lastly, I am feeling so much better and have slept so well every single night!!  The 2nd day in the MTC I woke up and felt revived and energized and healthy! :)  Mom and dad, thank you for the letters and for the package!  Made my day!  I shared the cinnamon rolls with the girls in my district and they told me to tell you that they love you and thank you!  I love you all so much, miss you lots, but know that I am having the time of my life!!  I will send my testimony in another email.  Love you guys!





Alam ko po na Diyos po ang Lating Ama sa Langit.  Alam ko po na tagapaglitgtas ko po si Jesucristo.  Alam ko po na mga anak ng Diyos namin po ang Ating Ama sa Langit.  Sa pamamagitan ng panalangin at Espiritu Santo Alam ko po na totoo ang Aklat ni Mormon.  Nagpapasalamat po ako para sa pamilya ko.  Nagpapasalamat po ako para sa ebanhelyo.  Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo, Amen.

I know that God is our Heavenly Father.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I know that we are children of our Heavenly father.  Through prayer and the Holy Ghost I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I am grateful for my family.  I am grateful for the gospel.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment