Sunday, February 22, 2015

Jesus, Is that You?


You are probably wondering what my title of this week's email has to do with my week, but I will get to that in a bit. This week was truly amazing. The spirit was so strong, I have been so patient with myself, and I have seen the Lord bless my life in so many ways. First off, we had an investigator this week, we had taught her a little bit about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the first lesson and invited her to read and pray. We followed up with her in our second lesson and she told us that she did not do either of those. I had the impression to read with her and go through the first lesson with her. We taught about Jesus Christ and His earthly ministry all the way up to the Restoration of Christ's church and how he translated the words of God, The Book of Mormon. I bore my testimony of prayer and I felt the spirit so much, I got emotional when bearing my testimony of the power of prayer and asking for guidance and comfort in trials because I had experienced His hand in my life so much the week before with pleading to my Father in Heaven for his comfort. She asked a lot of questions and we were able to answer them, which was awesome! Cause sometimes it is hard to understand them in Tagalog but we were able to answer them correctly and in Tagalog. I just need to add to this that this lesson was 45 MINUTES and ALL IN TAGALOG. Talk about a miracle. And she agreed to get baptized on March 18th, the day before we leave : )) It's amazing.

Dad, you said something this week to me in a dear elder that helped both me and my whole district when I shared it with them because it was such a powerful statement.  "I hope you are learning the things you need to, but most importantly feeling the things you need to feel."  I have shared that with so many people this week and it has been something that has changed their outlook on their experience here at the MTC.  Learning the language is SO important; however, the Holy Ghost is the ultimate teacher and we need to invite Him into all of our lessons and throughout our whole day.  If we do so, we will be blessed and the language will fall into place.  Sister LeeAnn Johnson, Elder Daniel L Johnson (quorum of the 70) wife, stated at devotional on Tuesday  "Our purpose in life is to come to know our Father as taught by His son, through the Holy Ghost."  They are all connected in one purpose.  We are invited to come unto our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ and what a joy it has been to do that in our lessons with investigators.  
The oldest district in our group left this week, so sad.  Sister Delgado and I just cried when we said goodbye to each other.  We love them so much and they were just the best.  They came to our rooms around 10:30 at night to say goodbye, and when they left I ran to the bathroom real quick before I went to bed.  I hear this sister come into the bathroom just crying like crazy.  She was in the stall next to me and I could tell that it sounded like Sister Loa, I said "Sister Loa?"  and her response was "Jesus, is that you?"  SO FUNNY!!!  I told her to come out and she was like "Sister Latham!" hahaha We both could not stop laughing.  So funny!  She was so sad about having to say goodbye to Sister Delgado.  Well, I could go on with all the funny things that happened this week, but it would be a novel!  Just know that I am having the time of my life, it is hard, but I am enjoying it so much.  The days are forever long, but the week went by pretty fast.  My teacher Brother Williamson used me as an example in class yesterday.  He said "Kailangan ni Sister Latham ng asukal sa klase."  Sister Latham needs sugar in class.  I thought I was about to pass out and was just sitting on the floor.  Classes are so exhausting and my brain was still hurting from that 45 minute lesson with Chrissy haha  



Well, I sure love you all so much!!! Miss you like crazy but know I am doing great and I know this is where I need to be :)  
Love, Sister Latham



D&C 4:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment