Sunday, March 1, 2015

"Faith is Trust that He will provide"




Hello Pamilia ko!  I can't believe that it is already P-day again!  It is so true when they say that the days are so long but the weeks go by so fast.  I have already passed my half way point!  Thanks for the half way party package Mom, we celebrated P-day eve last night with my roommates and we had the sparkling cider and a dozen cupcakes that my friend from BYUI, Ryan Watt, sent me yesterday!  So fun! Thank you for all the letters, packages, prayers, and support.  I feel the love so much!

This week was awesome, some days were long, but overall it was a great week!  Our teacher gave our district a new goal which is to memorize 50 words/day.  That is insane, but I have been able to do it because the Lord has helped me through it.  There is no way I could do that on my own.  That is probably the biggest lesson I have learned while being here.  Humility and Patience.  There is no way I could survive here without those.  

My teacher, Sister Riddle, who I love so much and I have talked about her a bit in my letter left on Friday :( It was so sad to say goodbye to her.  But, she left us with a great lesson about faith and humility.  She said to us "Faith is TRUST that He will provide."  What a powerful message that is.  Not only just as a missionary, but it can apply to everyone.  In Mormon 9:21 it says, "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believe in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."  It has been such a neat experience to turn to my Savior Jesus Christ in prayer and ask for help whether that be in the language, patience, charity, and trust.  I have seen that as I have truly prayed with a sincere desire, He has blessed me with the things I have asked for.  I know that the Book of Mormon testifies of this truth.  As I have read the Book of Mormon everyday, I have found answers to all my questions, read what I have needed to hear that day, and I have had it testified to me that this Book is the truest book on earth and provides the way to return to our Father in Heaven again.  This is the message that I cannot wait to go and share with the Filipino people.  I am so excited to be an instrument in the Lord's hand.  



This is all starting to feel so real.  I don't feel ready at all to leave, but I am also so ready if that makes any sense.  We get our travel plans next week so it will start to feel real then.  The sisters in the district ahead of us leave this upcoming week.  It will be sad to see them leave.  I will also miss the guys in the district ahead of us cause I am competitive with them in volleyball and they are just so funny!  It was sad to see a sister in our district leave this week because of heart problems and then to hear of Brie having to come home.  I pray for them everyday that they will be able to resume the work when they get better.  Well Fam, I am loving it here!  Love and miss you all so much!  Can't wait to talk to you guys in just a few short weeks on the phone :)  Mahal ko Kayo!  
-Sister Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment