Tuesday, March 24, 2015

In the Philippines!!!

Hello Family!! It was a long day(s) of traveling but we made it to the MTC!  It is so gorgeous here!  We were greeted at the airport by our mission president, President Trast, who is just the sweetest!  I could barely stay awake on the flight from Japan to Manila!  I got so many confused looks from people when they heard me speak tagalog, then they would try to talk to me and I had no idea what they were saying haha it was the greatest.  I am so grateful that I got to talk to each and everyone of you!  It was so great to hear so many familiar voices!
Using the phone in Japan
 
There were so many missionaries flying to asia and we got lots of looks when everyone at the pay phones were all crying haha They were for sure tears of joy:)  
 
When we got into the vans and started driving to the MTC I had not prepared for how crazy the drivers are in the Phillipines!  Let's just say, they don't really have driving rules.  There were a few times we all screamed, but WE MADE IT!  The temple is right across the street and the rooms here are nicer than the ones in Provo, it's awesome.  The beds are so comfortable and I slept really well!  We get to go to bed tonight at 8, never thought that would happen!
 
This morning I ran into Elder Dawsom from Austraillia, the one who I got his letter from the mission president, it was nice to see a familiar face!
 
This afternoon we get to go proselyting, I am excited but a little nervous! Can't wait to tell you how it goes!
 
Also, this morning I had powdered milk...never thought I would have that and it wasn't too bad!  I'm excited to let you all know how it goes this week, love you bunches and know that I am loving it here! :)
 
XOXO
-Sister Latham
Van ride to MTC in the Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment