Tuesday, May 5, 2015

"I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things" Alma 26:12

Hello Family, wow 3 months in the field already!  I see miracles everyday that the Lord has given me and I am so grateful to be out here serving the people of the Philippines and also my Heavenly Father.  It says in Alma 26:12

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

 I love this scripture!  We went on exchanges this week with the STL's and Sister Avila had me read Alma 26 and this particular scripture really touched me.  I have a testimony that this work is impossible without the Lord's help.  There is no way that I could do this without relying completely on Him.  He has placed miracles in my path everyday, he has brought Tagalog words to my mouth that I myself did not know, he has given me the energy to get through the days when I thought that I could not get through, and he has comforted me at all times of struggle, trials, and tribulations.  It's an amazing opportunity to see these miracles that God has given me.  One thing that I have truly been blessed with is the language, it has really improved in the last weeks and I can understand a lot of what people say.  Speaking is much harder, but I know that that will come over time!  Many things to be grateful for :)   
so here are a few of my miracles of the week!

Here are a few:  This week we got to see another investigator enter the waters of baptism, and we also had 2 other investigators attend the baptism.  It's a special sight to see someone take upon themselves a covenant and become sin-free.  I'm grateful also for the Lord's timing on this specific investigator because we got to teach him the lessons and he was able to get baptized just in time before he left for work abroad in Dubai.  His testimony is strong, and he has a desire to work his hardest to be able to enter into the Lord's house when the time comes.  Such a blessing to be able to attend his baptism.  

Also, we have a recent convert of about 2 months, she is 12 years old and always comes to church and activities, but is also the only one in her family that are members.  I was not able to teach her the lessons but as from what I've been told her family was never interested, especially her parents.  But, this week when we went to visit her, her mother and father joined in on the lesson, were very active in the lesson, and even accepted a baptism date.  It goes to show that the Lord has specific timing for everyone and this might be their time :)  Their daughter has been such a wonderful example of being true to her faith and having a strong testimony that I think her parents have seen how important the gospel is to her in her life.  

There are so many miracles but I want to share one more:  Sister Cecil Coronel who was baptized a few weeks ago, her two kids have begun to start taking the lessons, attending church, and they will be getting baptized in 2 weeks!  This family is just so sweet, and they are already so involved in the church.  They are coming to practices for the primary, for her daughter she is attending young women activities, and they sacrifice money, which they don't have a lot of, to get their whole family to church.  They can see the blessings already in their lives though from the sacrifice that they are making to come closer unto Christ.  
I'm loving this area so much, and the Lord truly has brought "many mighty miracles" into TayTay!  
Lastly, we got transfer calls this morning and I will be staying in the area, but Sister Faasavalu will be going to Pasig and will be an STL!  I am so happy for her and I know she will be amazing!  I'm excited to meet my new companion and continue to see the daily miracles here in TayTay for at least another transfer.  I love you all so much, I'm so excited to talk to you on mother's day!!  If possible mom and dad, have nicole and noelle on facetime on your phones!  I'm excited to see your lovely faces.  I know that there will be tears, but they will be tears of joy! Love you!

-Sister Latham

p.s I had an amazing strawberry smoothie the other day and I would count that as a miracle for the day :) haha



No comments:

Post a Comment