Thursday, May 28, 2015

"Sister Latham, you need to practice patience"



Hello Family!  So great to receive all these emails from you and hear about how you are doing!  Sounds like you all are doing really well :) Great news to hear :)  This week has been really good, difficult but good!  The quote above was from my mission President during mission interviews.  He said that I am too impatient with myself and that I need to just trust in Heavenly Father and let the language come.  That is definitely the hardest thing in the mission-being patient with myself.  Patience is so important though, and I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I can change and develop the Christlike attribute of patience.  Meeting with President was just the best.  He knows exactly what to say, how to hush my fears, and give me advice on ways that can help me become the missionary and person that God wants me to become :)  

As for the work in our area this past week, it was a bit difficult.  We got punted like all week, none of our plans were working out, but we still founds miracles throughout the week and we know that our work was not wasted.  We were able to OYM a lot, have lessons with new people, and see their desires to learn more.  We are focusing more on the people around the church, the middle class, which is more difficult but we are starting to find people who will listen and participate in the lessons.  

It also rained this week again, at night, and of course Sister Makaneole and I went outside and played around in the water for a bit.  It is so nice when it rains because it finally gets cool!  It rained throughout most of the night I believe and I had the BEST sleep!  It was finally not deathly hot!  They keep saying that it will rain more in middle of June.  I guess that there is supposed to be an earthquake soon here, I'm a little bit scared for that, but I know that we will be taken care of and the Lord will watch over us and protect us :)  

This week I studied a lot about why I was here, my goals in life, and how fear gets in the way.  I was brought to the talk by David A Bednar from last General Conference, my favorite talk from that conference.  I wrote down all my fears and then how Heavenly Father will hush those fears or ways to overcome those fears.  I was amazed that for every single fear I had..there was always a solution whether it be through His promises in the scriptures, through modern day prophets words, or through special blessings from our Heavenly Father specifically for us(Patriarchal Blessing).  This one scripture brings me so much comfort-"Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not."  If we look unto Christ in all things we do, he will hush our fears, he will calm us, reassure us, comfort us, encourage us, lead us, and encourage us.  I know that through our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can do ALL things if we have faith and trust in Him.  I'm so grateful for my Savior, I know that He lives and that He loves us.  I know that through His Atonement we can be forgiven and given another chance in this life to become like Him.  I know that it is never to
late to come unto Him, never to late to change, and never to late to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ into our lives.  He is always reaching out for us, we simply just need to let Him in.   I know that this gospel blesses lives, individuals and families.  I know that it is true with all my heart, and I am grateful to share this message with my brothers and sisters in the Philippines!  

I love you so much family, keep working hard, loving everybody that comes in your path, and spread the light of Christ with those around you!

Sister Latham

P.S. Sister Makaneole and I decided to have some fun with the makeup we had and this was our creation! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment