Sunday, April 3, 2016

I LOVE THE PROVINCE :)




Well, I hope you all are looking forward to this email and some good news! I know that last week was a little surprise and might have freaked you out a little bit, but I am so so safe here and I am loving it!
The first thing that I want to talk about is our exchanges with the sisters in Morong!  It is PROVINCE and it is gorgeous!  There is no ocean, but there is a big lake, fishing, water buffalo, and huge rice fields! I was loving it, it was gorgeous!  And the sisters we worked with were just so much fun and are doing great in their area!  I love the people there as well, they are so down to earth and their lives are wonderful and peaceful :)  I was also able to work with one of my past kabahays..I don't really know what that is in english.  Its close to a roomate, but they are just other missionaries that lived in our house.  I will just stick with kabahays.  We had a blast, and she is struggling a little bit with her companion and a bit of disobedience with the other sisters she is with, but we were able to just enjoy the work and she was able to talk to me about things that she is experiencing and I hope that I lifted her up and gave her a little boost to stay strong and keep being obedient.
All of the the sisters in that apartment are all about to go home and there is still some disobedience.  It is really sad because I love them all so much and I want them to go home with no regrets and although sometimes they think they are happy being disobedient, we know and the Lord knows that that is not true happiness.  I'm grateful and I see blessings happening everyday in my area and I know that obedience has a great part to do with it.  I know that my Tagalog is not the best, I'm not the best teacher, but I know that the Lord makes up for our weaknesses when we show to Him that we will obey Him and will do our part :)

This week we also had an STL meeting at Aurora where we talked about the upcoming zone conferences, and the sisters conference that we will have :)  We are so excited!  We then went out to lunch with President and Sister Revillo, the food was the best and I had the BEST halo halo that I've had here in the Philippines!  One day we will all come back and eat there, it was so masarap!
MIRACLE:  I want to share this with you all because it is a miracle and a blessing that Heavenly Father is giving us!  We don't have much time to work in our area with all the meetings, working in other area's with the sisters, and fulfilling our responsibilities, but the Lord is blessing our area so much!  We had 11 INVESTIGATORS at CHURCH!  And they are all really progressing!  Sister Liguayan and I are having so much faith and are really setting our standards and goals high for this transfer, and what a great way to start!  They are families as well which is our goal in our mission for this year.  We need to establish the church and that means focusing on families :)  We owe such thanks to this ward as well who is helping so much, visiting our investigators when we are not here, and having family home evenings multiple times a week to invite our investigators to attend! It is wonderful!  Sister Liguayan and I are so blessed with this ward and area and we are just loving the work!! 
I love you so much!! Thank you again for all your prayers.  I love you all more than I can express!!  I look forward to hearing from you all again next week :)

Love, Sister Latham
















No comments:

Post a Comment