Sunday, April 3, 2016

Temple Day and a Wonderful Week in the Field

Hello Family! 
It has been a wonderful past week! The work is hastening like crazy here!  We have 4 BAPTISMS this upcoming Saturday!  The first two is Susan and her daughter Venice, and the other two is Arlyn and Akira.  Arlyn is the mother of Akira.  They are part members, the dad is a less active but coming back to church!  So wonderful!
We had a very spiritual experience this week with Arlyn and her husband.  Her husband has word of wisdom problems and before we wanted to baptize the wife and daughter, we knew that it was important for the husband to be in a good position and strong in the church.  Sister Liguayan and I prayed about what we should do and we decided that we would extend their baptism until brother has control over his word of wisdom problem.  But something amazing happened.  We were teaching them and we told Gary, her husband, that we were going to extend the baptism date for his wife and daughter because we want the whole family ready and strong in the church.  Gary got really quiet and seemed a little scared.  He looked as us and said "Sisters, please don't do that.  I will stop drinking and smoking...today. I don't want my family to not receive the blessings of being baptized because of me.  I will stop sisters."  

I felt the spirit so strongly that for his family he was willing to forget himself, and make the decision on his own to quit the word of wisdom.  Until now he is doing really good.  He is really addicted so its been a little difficult, but he is improving and his wife and daughter will be baptized on Saturday :)  



We also just got back from the temple this morning and it was so wonderful!  I only have one more temple day which will be in June!  There are a lot of lasts that are happening, like we just had our last zone conference with President and Sister Revillo.  They are starting to get emotional a lot of the time when they get up to speak, they love the missionaries so much and I love them too!
I want to share a quick thing in my personal study this week.  I've been reading the New Testament lately and I have learned so much.  Because it is Easter I thought I would share this with you.  
Acts 5:31-32:
31) " Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins"
32) "And we are his witnesses of these things; as so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him."
This upcoming Easter Sunday we celebrate the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  That because of Him, we can be made clean.  Because of Him, we can we be forgiven, and because of Him, we can gain a new life :)  My life has been changed because of Him. I always say to my investigators "nabago ang buhay ko dahil sa kanya" I love Him, and He loves us. 
I love you all so much!  Have a wonderful week and a great Easter Sunday :)
Love, Sister Latham



No comments:

Post a Comment