Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I'm going to MINDORO!!

I have the best news!!! I AM GOING TO MINDORO!!!  and I'm not being emergency transferred :)  Me and my companion, Sister Bairulla, are the STL's that get to go to the island of Mindoro for one week and do exchanges with the sisters!! 
At MLC this week, we drove in President's car and he asked if we had been told where we are assigned to do exchanges, and I smiled and said "THANK YOU PRESIDENT, you are finally sending me to Mindoro! :)"  My whole mission I have wanted to go there and I always thought that if I never requested to go there, I would get sent there, and it happened! Although it is not a full transfer, at least it is one week! I WILL SEE THE BEACH!! woohoo!
MLC was really fun this past friday!  It was President and Sister Revillo's last MLC and so they, including all the missionaries who are going home this transfer, gave their going home testimony! and my name was written there!!  I was not expecting to already be giving my going home testimonies!  I really didn't want to give it haha, but I had to and I didn't cry...I'm saving that for the next time haha  I think I have to bear my going home testimony about 4 more times...I think people will get tired of hearing me haha.  Also at MLC we had an activity and we all went and played volleyball and basketball and had pizza! It was so much fun!  Sister Revillo and all the STL's played basketball and I was in charge of guarding her haha it was so funny!  I've really enjoyed being a part of the Missionary Leadership Council, it is a lot of fun and I have learned so so much!
The day after MLC, the Mendoza family had their interview with the District Leader :) It went really really well, Brother Albert just has to have another interview with President tomorrow so we will take him to that tomorrow and we will see where it goes from there.  Their daughter is also getting her and her partners marriage stuff all ready and they plan to get married the week before July 9thso hopefully we will be able to attend their wedding and then the next week will be their BAPTISM :)
Next week we also have our zone conference and our temple day, so next week I won't be able to email until Wednesday afternoon!  Sorry...I know that is a long time to wait!  But I will have a lot of pictures for you next week! 
Thank you so much for all of your love and support, I know that the time is coming down, but I will run through the finish line :)  I love you all so much!  Happy anniversary mom and dad as well, you are the best parents ever and I am blessed because you are my parents!
Love, Sister Latham
BTW: it is now rainy season here in the Philippines, but thank goodness we are here in the mountains in Antipolo with no floods :)

No comments:

Post a Comment