Thursday, February 25, 2016

I just want the time to slow down a little bit!

Hello family!  I can't believe that I am already emailing again....and we had to wait an extra day!  The days flash by here, we are always on the go and there is never a time to rest.  I've never been so tired in my life, it really hit me this week!  I looked like a zombie at night and in the morning...sorry I don't have any pictures hahaha
But, I think I have adjusted now, and my body is doing well! I'm not sick, and I now have more energy :)
This week we had to go buy all the groceries for the 72 hour kits, we had 3 big grocery carts full of food!  That is the most things I have ever bought at the grocery store! I felt like a MOTHER buying for 30 children!!  They really do mean it when they say that the mission prepares you for future life! hahaha
I also had my interview with President, It is always wonderful to meet with him :)  We were able to discuss how things were going with the sisters in the route, and all I had was good news :)  They are doing wonderful!  President also asked when I was going home again and I told him July 13th and we both said "That is so soon." hahaha  It is coming to fast!  People say that the last two months go by even faster, so I don't know if I am prepared or not.  Of course I am so excited to see you all, but I'm also not ready to leave this place and these people.  It's okay, I know the Lord has perfect timing though :)
Well, just to let you know, I had to be reminded of my one year on February 4th haha.  Sister Duque reminded me that morning because I had just forgotten and was also so busy! haha  It's been a wonderful year and I'm grateful for what is ahead in the next few months!  For my one year, we ate at the "Upside Down House".  It was dark so I was not able to take a picture, but I will send you a picture next time, or you can look it up.  It is near the temple, it is so cool!
For our investigators, we are really seeing progress in the area.  Dino, the part member, came to church on Sunday and is really showing his willingness to give up word of wisdom and prepare for baptism.  He is seeing the blessings that come through obedience to the Lord's commandments.   We also have  a new investigator this week, Ryan. He is 9 years old and a part member...but he doesn't speak tagalog, he only speaks Ilocano, which was not on my mission call to speak that language, so I have no idea what he is saying, neither does my companion.  So we are going to find a way to teach him more effectively this week!  

This upcoming week we are really busy as well.  Tomorrow and thursday we have exchanges and then on friday we have MLC with all the leaders in the mission and then we are going bowling after.  So our only day to really work this week in the area is Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes it is hard to not be able to have the time to work in the area, but we see the Lord blessing this area despite of the time we are able to spend in it :) 
I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you! I look forward to email you next week :)
Love, Sister Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment