Thursday, February 25, 2016

I'm enjoying every minute!

Hello everyone, sometimes I don't even know what to write about because the time has just gone so fast and sometimes I have forgotten all that I have done!  haha
But here are a few things that happened this week:
From the pictures below you can see that there are 2 pictures of me with two other sisters.  Those are the two AMAZING and WONDERFUL sisters that I was able to work with on exchanges.  We had so much fun and I learned so much from them.  Sister Faalogo is from Australia and is brand new in the field.  She has only been here for about 3 weeks, but she is doing great!  Her love for the people is just indescribable, I love it!  Of course she is a foreigner and so the language is hard, but I felt like I was able to connect with her because I have been in her shoes.  I know how frustrating it can be when you don't understand a word anybody says to you, and you can't even express your own thoughts to them in their language.  But, she has the love of Jesus Christ and I know that they feel it.  I FELT IT. 
The other sister I went on exchanges with was Sister Duque, it probably sounds familiar because she was my past companion! I follow up trained her when I first came to Quezon City, my 2nd area!  My goodness, I missed her so so much!!!  I can see the her progress though!   She is talking to everybody now, really applying what she is doing, and is becoming who the Lord wants her to become.  The sisters here in this mission are amazing and I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to work with them, learn from them, and gain a better relationship with them :)
As you can see in my other picture...I experienced Christmas again!! I got a package from the primary in Loomis and I also got a package from Brooke.  They were filled with lotion, candy, chocolate, gummy worms, cheese its, and wonderful cards :)  Thank you again for the wonderful support from back home.
It was a busy week in the office as well, I think we laminated over 100 papers, and we frosted cupcakes for a meeting.  I never thought I would do that in my mission :)  Hahaha  I'm really enjoying it though!  We have our interviews with President this week so I am really excited for that as well!  Next week, my P-DAY is on TUESDAY, because it is Chinese New Year!  :)  Another celebration! hahaha
I also had a wonderful experience this past week with my companion.  We are pretty much white washing our area because our boundaries were changed this transfer and all of the members and investigators went to the other sisters.  We thought we would be successful in looking through the ward directory and going to visit members in our area.  So the people we planned to visit lived near the temple.  So we walked to the temple, its about a 20 minute walk.  All of the people we had planned to visit no longer lived there, some had already passed away, so we did not have a lesson that day.  It was full of walking and we were so tired.  As we ended our day near the temple, we walked on the temple grounds, found a quiet place, knelt and prayed individually and as a companionship.  It was a wonderful feeling.  The spirit at the temple is so different.  In my individual prayer, as I knelt and prayed for guidance, I felt like I was the only one there.  There was no noise except for the gentle wind, and I just felt the spirit so strong.  I love the temple.  It is such a sacred place where we can find peace, guidance, and revelation.  :)  And I am grateful that it is also so close. 
Another good news is that we have a less active mother and her husband coming to church in our area.  He is really potential and we are so glad that she is coming back to church and bringing her family :) We will keep praying for them and pray that they will prepare themselves for baptism!  All is well, I am happy, and enjoying every experience that I have!
Love you all so much, 
Sister Latham


No comments:

Post a Comment