Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Another Soul Saved



Hello Family!  Thank you for sending all of those fun pictures from the family reunion in Idaho! Looks like you all had a blast with all the fireworks, dad's surprise birthday party, and being with family!  Sorry I don't think I will get to emailing all of you because there is a baguio here in the Philippines and most of the computer shops are down and we spent a lot of time trying to find a computer shop that had internet and computers open.  It's raining really hard right now, actually flooding in our area, but we still go out a work :)  The rain is pretty fun to be in because it gets cold and the wind is strong, but the worst is the feeling on my feet.  I hate the feeling of having wet shoes and wading through water that is really really dirty...I won't tell you what is in it, but you could probably guess!

This past week and a half has been really good! I got to witness one of my investigators get baptized...by the guy who was baptized the week before!  It was such a cool experience.  Jorem was the baptizer, at first I did not think he would want to do it because he is really shy, but he was surprisingly really excited to use  his priesthood.  The sister getting baptized is Jorem's mom's friend, Violeta.  She has a lot of family problems that she told us about, but she always just breaks into tears when she begins to explain how grateful she is for the gospel and the comfort she receives from reading the Book of Mormon.  I will miss her so much when I am transfered.  She is just the best.  We did a fun activity with her this week as well, we went to her house and she taught us how to cook chicken adobe.  It was a great bonding experience and I know she loved having her friend Remi and us the missionaries at her house to bring hope, joy, and the spirit into her home.  

Another great experience I had this week was being able to work with one of my recent converts, Nicole!  We were reviewing the lessons and she asked us if she could work with us, I was like "YES!!!" And when the day came for her to work with us, she was amazing, her testimony was so powerful.  I love how strong a new converts testimony is as they


testify how they came to know it was true and how it has changed their life.  I also talked to Nicole about serving a mission and she said that she is really really thinking about it.  She would be such an amazing missionary.

Also, we asked Jorem if he would want to work with us this upcoming week and he said yes!  He is really starting to open up, play basketball with the young men, and is now starting to work with the missionaries! So amazing!

This morning we went to the temple and it was such a wonderful experience.  I was able to ponder, pray, and receive peace and comfort in my heart.  It feels like home in the temple :)  We also got to go to the distribution center after the temple and I bought Jorem and Nicole "Preach My Gospel" books that they can start to study and use.  I hope that it will give them the boost and the desire to serve missions themselves and bring others unto Christ, just like what happened to themselves.  
Funny experience:  We were taking a tricycle home one night and we started talking to him about the gospel.  When we got to our apartment he began to start raising his voice and telling us that we are not christian and are not followers of Christ.  I then showed him my nametag and said "Brother, we are representatives for the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints and we invite others to come closer to him by accepting the gospel in their lives."  He then asked what our real names were and we said we are called by "Sister" because we are all children of God.  He then went to refuse that and said that there are children of Satan here.  I just decided to bear testimony to him, left him with a "Restoration" pamplet, asked him to please read it and if he wanted to know more, to just let us know.  He said he did not want to know more and to not go to his house.  We quickly left, said thank you and again invited him to just read the pamplet.  IT WAS QUITE THE EXPERIENCE.  First one in the mission.  Most people are usually always open to hearing and don't try to debate, but I guess there is a first for everthing!  

So, that is just the highlights of the week, I wish I could type everything, but it would be a novel.  I just want to leave you all with my simple testimony that I know Jesus Christ lives, that He is our Savior and Redeemer, and because of the love that God has for us as His children, He sent His only Son to come here to earth to save us all.  I know that only through the Atonement of Jesus Christ can we return back to our Heavenly Father with our families.  I am blessed to have the knowledge that I can be with my family forever because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love you all so much, I am so blessed, and I am grateful to be a missionary at this time in the Philippines! Love you!
-Sister Latham




No comments:

Post a Comment