Saturday, October 24, 2015

8 months


Hello Family and Friends! It's been a crazy week with a lot of meetings, a zone conference, womens conference, and a temple tour! It feels like we did not have much time to proselyte this week, but I feel spiritually uplifted from the experiences I have had this week, and also the talks that I have heard. 
Wednesday was zone conference and I'm always so grateful every time that I get to hear from President and Sister Revillo.  We discussed about the sacrament and about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  As it says in Preach My Gospel, as our testimony of the Atonement increases, our desire to share the gospel will increase.  As I've been studying the Atonement lately, I've truly come closer to Jesus Christ and as Sister Revillo said, everything good we do is because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful that every day I gain a stronger and stronger to go out and invite others to come unto Christ and to let His atonement work in their lives.  I made three goals for myself after zone conference which are to 1)Talk to more people 2)seek a better understanding of the atonement and 3)stretch myself because I know that through Jesus Christ, I can do all things :)  Those are my goals that I am working on right now and I know that through diligence, faith, and obedience, I can accomplish them.

This Saturday we also had the opportunity to take Des, our recent convert, and Reylanie, our investigator who will be being baptized on October 17, to the temple :)  It was a wonderful experience.  We were able to share our testimonies and let them feel of the peace, joy, and happiness that we feel when we stand on sacred ground.  We also had the opportunity to go to the MTC.  Des was so so excited!  She kept telling President Trask that she would be coming here!  She is so excited to serve in hopefully a year, and her family is supporting her so much.  Her parents said to just make sure she comes home first to see them before she goes out and serves.  Sister Reylanie, also wants to serve after she saw the MTC and felt the spirit that was there.  Later on that afternoon she had her baptismal interview and she is ready to be baptized :)

Next week we will be able to watch conference and I am so excited to hear from the Lord's servants and their inspired revelation from God.  It is such a wonderful opportunity :)  I only have one more conference to watch while I'm here on my mission!  Time is flying.  10 more months :)  Thank you for all the support, prayers, and love you continue to give me.  I'm so blessed.

Love, Sister Latham
1)my anak(companion) with her mother(trainer) and father(district leader) in the mission
2)Des at the temple
3)MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment