Saturday, October 24, 2015

TYPHOON HAS HIT THE PHILIPPINES


Hello Family and Friends, 
Well, if you didn't know this, but we experienced and are still experiencing a Typhoon here in the Philippines, but lucky for us, it has not been that strong here, I think it hit the north of the Philippines really bad, so our prayers are with them!  As for here in Quezon City, there has just been really strong wind, and pretty constant rain.  We only had sacrament meeting because the other classes were cancelled.  But we are safe and doing well here.  Despite the typhoon,  I have to say that I have never slept so good :)  I wore my sweats, and thin sweatshirt, and I slept with my warm blanket wrapped around me :)  I felt at home for a little bit!  I also drank some warm hot chocolate :)  I also found some Christmas lights, so it really felt like fall or winter.  It was truly wonderful :)

We got a call this morning from the ZL's and I was told that Sister Tropia and I would be spending another transfer together in this area!  We are so excited!  We truly love this area and we love being companions.  We are hoping for a few baptisms in this upcoming transfer and we look forward to helping them progress towards baptism.  

Talking about baptism, we also had a baptism this past Saturday! Reylanie was baptized and it was so wonderful!  I know that she has been waiting forever for this day.  I have seen her faith grow so much as she has read the Book of Mormon everyday and continued to attend church.  I'm grateful for the opportunity that Heavenly Father gave to me to be able to teach her and help her on her path that she has taken to this point :)

I also want to share a personal study of mine this week.  It really touched me and it continues to remind me to always work my hardest and do what Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want me to do. I titled my personal study "How would He introduce me?"   We read so many times in the Bible and in the Book of Mormon where Heavenly Father introduces His son, Jesus Christ.  Specifically in 3 Nephi 11, Heavenly Father introduces Jesus Christ to the Nephites in the Americas after His resurrection.  He introduces Jesus Christ 3 times saying, "Behold my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name-Hear ye Him."  Heavenly Father was so proud of His son for fulfilling all righteousness.  He had great reasons to be proud of His Son.  When I read this I thought to myself, I hope that Heavenly Father would introduce me like that?  Am I doing the things that would qualify me for an introduction like that or welcoming me back into His presence" Am I doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do?  These are wonderful questions for us each to ask ourselves to evaluate where improvement is needed and how we can become more like our Saviour, Jesus Christ.  
I'm grateful for the time that I am given every day to study for 1 hour and to have these times to really think about what I am studying and how it is applicable to me.  I'm experiencing conversion here on my mission and I am so grateful for all those supporting me in this conversion, especially my Saviour, Jesus Christ, who because of His atonement, we are able to repent and change for the better.  
I love you so much family and I look forward to hearing from you all again next week.  And in just about 8 weeks I will get to see all your beautiful faces :)  I love you all, I pray for you everyday and pray that the Lord will continue to bless each and everyone one of you :) Mahal ko kayo
-Sister Latham










No comments:

Post a Comment