Thursday, October 29, 2015

MALAPIT NA! (It is close)


Hello Family and Friends!
This past week was really good, it went by fast!  We stayed busy and although we were punted a lot, we stayed positive and were able to find a few potential investigators this past week that we hope to contact next week!

We just got back from Sisters Conference and it was so wonderful.  I love meeting all together as sisters and having some fun and learning new things.  We worked out this morning, did facials and make up, learned how to cook, and then watched "The Errand of Angels" which is about a sister missionary!  It was a very fun morning and afternoon.  I was able to also see all my old companions, sister Pectol, Pakalani, Makaneole, and Duque :)

The theme of the conference was "Covenant Keeping Sisters"

They did a workshop about when we all received our mission calls and how excited we were! I still feel the same excitement now as I did when I opened my call!  The work here is so wonderful :)  As I sat and listened about the theme, I thought to myself about the covenant or promise I have made as I chose to serve a mission and was called of God to serve here.  I promised to serve Him with all my heart, might, mind and strength.  My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ.  I remember a talk that Holland gave about how when Jesus called His disciples at the Sea of Galilee, He did not call them for a day, or a month, or years.  He called them to be His followers and disciples FOREVER.  The same happened when I received my call.  I am not only called to serve for 18 months, but I am called to serve forever.  My purpose will continue to be my purpose after my mission as well.  I will always continue to serve Him and invite other to come unto Him and receive His gospel.  The gospel is wonderful :)

In just a few weeks we have the opportunity to have 2 apostles come to our mission and spend a day with us.  Elder Neil L. Anderson will be coming along with one of the new called apostles.  I am so excited to be able to meet them and hear them speak to us and this mission specifically!  That will happen on November 17th :)  

There are so many exciting things to look forward too!  

Well, MALAPIT NA family!  The time is already here that I am reaching my half way mak! Next week is November 4th: my halfway mark and birthday :)  The time is going by too fast and I can't believe I am already turning 20! So crazy!  

I look forward to emailing you all next week!  I love you all so much, and send you my love and thanks to you all :)
Love, Sister Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment