Thursday, January 14, 2016

ITS A NEW YEAR!!




Hello Family!!  

Well, this past New Year's Eve was like no other New Years Eve I have experienced!  We didn't do fireworks nor did I stay up to do fireworks, but we had a wonderful and spiritual Family Home Evening with us 4 sisters.  My amazing companion gave the lesson and it was all about Christlike attributes.  I lended her all of my talks from general authorities that I have gathered since I have been here.  Most of them are all about Christlike attributes.  We each read one and then shared our insights.  I was given "The Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar.  If you have not yet read it, please do, it is wonderful!  It is all about turning outwards towards other people, rather than turning in like the natural man would.  

All that was shared in our FHE has inspired me to continue to develop these attributes more and more.  I know that we all need improvement in developing Christlike attributes and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can change, become more like Him, and develop the attributes that He himself, Jesus Christ had.  

This past week we were not able to teach the Bobiar family that much because of New Year's and because they have been so so busy.  We also ran into a Word of Wisdom problem, but we are not giving up on them.  We know that Heavenly Father placed us in their path for a reason, that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real, and that this gospel can help change their life :)  We also found a few more families to teach, so that is wonderful!  

WE also have a baptism this upcoming Saturday.  Sister Maica, she is 9 years old, a part member and I love love love her!!  They always run up and hug me and then when we leave their house they wait there and blow kisses to me until I am out of their sight.  Haha  I look forward to sending you pictures next week of her baptism :)

This is the last week in the transfer, so next week is tranfers.  I will b emailing next tuesday.  I don't know what is going to happen, but whatever does I am okay with it :)  This transfer has gone by so fast, I love love my companion, we have not run into any problems at all, and her progression has just amazed me.  She is an amazing missionary, obedient, and her desire to share the gospel is inspiring.  I love you all so much, and here we go into a wonderful new year!!!  BTW: I hit my 11 months in the field today :))  WOOHOOO!!!  

Love you all, 
-Sister Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment