Thursday, January 14, 2016

Not enough time!


Well, I didn't really expect it.  I've only been in this wonderful area for 6 weeks, and now I will be transferring.  On sundaynight I was sitting on my bed reading the Book of Mormon when I received a text from President which said "home now?"  If you get any call from President on Sunday night, that means that he has a calling for you.  I looked at my companion and said "Sister Tio...NOOOOO....I don't want to leave you!"  She quickly ran over and looked at the message.  We had a few minutes of sadness, but then got over it and looked on the bright side!  President then called a few minutes later and asked me if I would accept the call from the Lord to be an STL, or sister training leader.  I of course accepted the call.

My feelings right now are excitement, a bit of nervousness, but I'm also at peace.  I'm excited to work with the sisters in the mission and to learn a lot from them :)  I've been called to Quirino 1st ward, which is the also the STL's who work in the office a bit.  They attend all the conferences, training, and work a lot with Sister Revillo :)  I am really excited for that because I love Sister Revillo. I know that this calling will help me grow in my testimony and will give me the opportunity to work with the Leadership group in the mission.  \

My sweet sweet companion and anak Sister Tio will be leading this area.  She is so amazing and I know that she will do wonderful. I'm really proud of the progress that she has made in the last 6 weeks.  I will miss her so much, but am excited for her to learn new things from her follow up trainer.

Well, this past week we had our baptism!  Sister Maica Adonis, 9 years old, was baptized on Saturday.  It was a wonderful experience.  We asked how she felt and she said "I felt like I was in a swimming pool" haha I sure will miss her and her family.  They are so wonderful.  

I don't have a lot of time, but there is a little update :)  I look forward to sharing my future experiences with you all.  I love you so much, thank you for all your prayers, I feel strength given to me through your prayers.  

-Sister Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment