Thursday, January 28, 2016

Let us all Press on in the Work of The Lord

Hello family and friends!  Thank you for all your emails!  I feel so much of the love and support that you are all giving me.  I know that prayers are so powerful and I am receiving strength through the prayers that are given, so thank you!

These past few days have been wonderful!  I have been blessed with a wonderful companion, Sister Consulta! My goodness, I have already learned so much in just a short amount of time that we have had together.  She has helped me in learning my new responsibilities, she is guiding me, and also giving me advice on how to best fulfill my responsibility.  She has been an STL for 4 transfers now and so I know that she has experience and can really help me to best fulfill my calling.  I added a picture of me and her, which we took this morning because we realized we had not yet taken a picture!  We have been pretty busy!

The other day we had to pick up all the sister that would be going to Mindoro this transfer.  They slept at our house for a night and then we woke up at 3 am and sent them on their way!  

I need to add something that I am so so so grateful for, and that is for a wonderful house! It is so nice, clean, spacious, and there are couches!  I've seen a few mice, one ran under my legs just yesterday while I was sitting there, but I'm used to it, so it is not that big of a deal.  But, the house that I'm staying at is a blessing for sure :)

I'm excited for this upcoming week, we will have the opportunity to go on exchanges with some of the sisters :)  It is a time where we do splits and we spend 24 hours with the sisters.  We work in their areas, teach with them, find new investigators, and help them in their work.  I'm also so excited to learn so much from the sisters as well and to gain a stronger friendship with each and every one of them! I will send you pictures of our exchanges next week!

Well, the time is going fast!  My release date has been changed because my normal release date is august 24th, but because of school, I will be coming home a transfer early on July 13th.  So...about less than 6 months!  I can't believe it, I still feel like I am new and just got here, but really the time is coming down!  There are still so many things to learn, and things that I need to experience.  I'm grateful for what the Lord has ahead of me!  Love you so much, I will keep you all in my prayers :)

Love, Sister Latham

No comments:

Post a Comment