Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Be the Lord's HANDS



Hello everyone again!!

We just got back from a wonderful morning of giving service to a family that is investigating the church, the Estrabela family! I really love this family, they are so sweet and so welcoming :)  They are starting up a store, so we went and cleaned their new space.  Before that though we also all went jogging this morning, and it was such a beautiful morning  :) I missed going on morning runs, and it was not hot, so we had such a fun time! I will attach some pictures.

This past week we were busy going on exchanges with two sets of companionships and we had such a fun time!  The sisters here are so amazing and I am learning so much from them :)
We also got to attend the general sisters conference, which was wonderful.  When I saw all of the sisters singing all standing in white, I couldn't help but cry, it sounded and looked like heaven :)  I hope one day I can attend a general sisters conference.  One of my favorite things said by Cheryl Esplin, I don't know it exactly, but she said something like unless we lose ourselves in the service of others, most of our lives are useless.  It was also said that "When we reach out in love and service, hearts are changed and softened."  I have such a strong testimony that as we forget ourselves, stop looking at our needs and our problems, and instead reach out in the service of others, our lives will be changed.  I have felt that happen here in the mission.  I never want to go back to where I was.  In the past I was selfish and usually only thought about myself, but it is a life changing lesson that I have learned here.  We are happier when we are in the service of others :)  

This upcoming weekend we will be able to listen to the general conference and I am so so excited to hear from the living prophet and apostles :)
For our investigators, the Jorge family is still progressing and plans to be baptized this month, I love them so much! Yesterday was Kim's birthday, she turned 12 and we celebrated with them :)  They are so excited to get baptized as well! 
This upcoming week will be really busy and not a lot of time spent in the area because we have exchanges, Missionary Leadership Council, and then general conference!  A sister in this ward also has her farewell as she is about to report to go to SLC mission!  Its going to be a fun week and I look forward to telling you all about it next week! Thank you for all of your love and support! I love you all so much!
Love, Sister Latham
































No comments:

Post a Comment